Interactive Development Associates (IDA) uses its real estate expertise and private sector relationships to develop housing in NYC with a goal of fostering community development and continuing to help create an even better New York.
IDA, its principals, and team members have been in the real estate and consulting business for over 20 years.
With our diverse experience, we are well suited for New York City’s and New York State’s needs. We closely follow what city and state goals are in real estate and for the housing needs of New York with a current focus on affordability. We understand the significance of community development, job creation, sustainability, mixed-use real estate and public/private partnerships. IDA is poised to be part of this group of developers.
Over the last 40 years, we are proud to have been involved in creating a positive change in NYC’s underserved neighborhoods. LOS SURES changed Williamsburg and OBRFC/Columbus Associates changed Manhattan Valley from a drug problem area into family communities. In the next real estate moment, we worked with 1400 5th Ave, The Lenox and 5th on the Park in Harlem to re-introduce home ownership to Harlem along with our work with Center Development in creating housing for low-income seniors with St. Philips Church.
- Each member has over 20 years in real estate
- Consulting and Development in affordable and luxury housing
- History of community development, job creation, sustainability, mixed use real estate and public/private partnerships.
- We understand the focus for housing affordability per “Housing New York: A Five-Borough, Ten Year Plan”
- We understand different neighborhoods and their unique needs
- Leasing, investment sale, development & development consulting, financing
- 5th on the Park Condo and The Lenox Condo – Development
- OBRFC Columbus Associate – Development
- 2280 FDB – Financing from Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group For Harlem Condo
- 5 East 44 and Loft 14 – Architecture and Financing
- 1400 5th Avenue, RKO Flushing Queens – Brokerage
- School Sites – Consulting Zoning and Air Rights (NYS Educational Construction Fund)
- 21st Ely Avenue – Retail at Queens (US SBA)
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Real Estate Brokerage Licenses – New York and New Jersey
- Architecture License through WQB – NY, NJ, CT
- Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE)– Real Estate Negotiation Institute
- NYC HPD M/WBE Affordable Housing Developers – Capacity Certification Series (Capacity Building Course W/MBRE) 2016
- Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group for 2280 FDB New Development Condo, Harlem, NYC
- NYC Small Business Services (SBS) Construction Mentorship Program
WHY IDA IS UNIQUE:
As a result of our variety of experience, we are able to perform services ranging from pre-construction analysis, market valuation, design development, project management and construction administration to Sales and Renter Brokerages. The firm’s diverse team has a variety of skill sets which include:
- Relationships and experience in both public and private sector which our investors have appreciated
- Consulting and development of affordable housing
- Real estate leasing and sales (including the pre-sales of multiple developments in NYC over the last 20 years)
- Project Management
- Financial analysis for real estate and related businesses
- Experience with local, state, federal and municipal funding programs and development incentives
- Ability to partner with a variety of non-profits including Church of the Nazarene, Westside Federation of Senior Housing, Heritage House, Phipps Houses, SoBRO, LOS SURES (founding member, William Brothers)
- Familiar with NYC Department of Buildings (DOB), Landmark Preservation Commission (LPC), NYC City Planning Commission (CPC) and other municipal agencies
- Experience with New York City’s buildings, construction trades and building systems.